5 Healthy Aging Tips for WomenHealthy aging involves good habits like eating healthy, avoiding common medication mistakes, managing health conditions, getting recommended screenings, and being active. FDA has tips to help you age fabulously.
1. Eat a Healthy DietGood nutrition and food safety are especially important for older adults. As you age, you may be more susceptible to foodborne illness and food poisoning. You also need to make sure you eat a healthy, balanced diet. Follow these tips to help you make wise food choices and practice safe food handling.
2. Avoid Common Medication MistakesMedicines can treat health problems and help you live a long, healthy life. When used incorrectly, medicines can also cause serious health problems. Use these resources to help you make smart choices about the prescription and over-the-counter medicines you take.
3. Manage Health ConditionsIt is important that you work with your healthcare provider to manage health conditions like diabetes, osteoporosis, and high blood pressure. Learn more about the medicines and devices used to treat these common health problems.
4. Get ScreenedHealth screenings are an important way to help recognize health problems -- sometimes before you show any signs or symptoms. Ask your healthcare provider which health screenings are right for you and find out how often you should get screened.
5. Be ActiveExercise and physical activity can help you stay fit and strong. You don't have to go to a gym to exercise. Talk to your healthcare provider about safe ways that you can be active.
Found 13 listings